Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

If this city never sleeps...

Well we are in Iceland now and have access to constant internet. So I thought I would update a little with a few of our New York photos. Fear not, in the next couple of days I will be posting plenty of Reykjavík photos.

New York is an amazing city and I think you would need to live there over a year to experience it in full. We had 4 days and 4 nights. We stayed in a dodgy little one room apartment in East Harlem. At first for our Australian minds we thought it to be dangerous, but it was such a cool experience.

We had no idea what we were going to do for four days or where to start. I asked Brian Ferry, one of my favourite photographers who nows live in NY for a few tips. I'm glad I did because the journey it took to get to the places was worth it. We decided to walk most places, which in an city is a good choice. See little streets+get lost+burn calories and eat lots of food+sore feet=good times. On Brians recommendations we went to The Oyster Bar, Motorinos, The High Line and crowd favourite district, Soho. On top of this we did all the touristy things like visit Lady Liberty, go ice skating in Central Park. eat pizza and lots of junk food, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, bring in the new year in Central Park, hail taxis etc etc.

IMG_2519
IMG_2528
IMG_2531
IMG_2568
IMG_2571
IMG_2592
IMG_2622
IMG_2624
IMG_2645
IMG_2667
IMG_2634

enjoy
-morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...