Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

i made: homemade toothpaste

IMG_0596

So... a little while ago a lovely friend of mine went to visit his family in America and returned home with a little gift for me. He brought me "The Big Ass Book of Crafts" by Mark Montano. Its such a sweet book with heaps of great ideas of stuff to make. One thing that intrigued me most was a recipe for homemade toothpaste, so i gave it a go, and I thought I would share it with you all.

IMG_0599
So what your going to need is...
- 1 lime to zest
- 1 cup of baking soda (Bi-Carb Soda)
- 20 drops of mint oil
- Zester (tiny grater)
- Jar

IMG_0602

It's really simple.
First zest/grate the lime rind, then let it dry for 2 hours.
Next put all the ingredients into the jar and shake well. You have made toothpaste.
To use, just dip your toothbrush into the powder and brush away (I like to give it a little water first).

NOTE: If you want the lime zest to be real fine, leave overnight and grind in a mortar and pestle.

I'll be back soon with my review after using this toothpaste for a week.
-kim
IMG_0605

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...