Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

i made: homemade toothpaste REVIEW

IMG_0596

So.. the other week we made our own homemade toothpaste. This was a first for us and have never made our own body products before, but something that we think we shall try more often. But what I'm sure you all want to know is does the toothpaste work, and is it any good. We used it for a week straight and here is our reviews...

kim's review
This homemade toothpaste has a weird consistency, and the first time you try it, it tastes really bad. But don't let that put you off trying it. This is super cheap and really nice to know what ingredients your using to put on your teeth (I have no idea what's in regular toothpaste). It did seem to whiten the teeth (I guess thats the bi-carb soda) and made my breath smell nice but not very minty. You feel fresh after using it, but yeah not the minty fresh after using regular stuff. It's the type of thing I think I'm going to use every now and then. I'm not sure if that covers it, but if you have any questions just ask!

Another toothpaste I would recommend which Morgan and I use regularly is Grant's Herbal and Mineral Toothpaste with Aloe Vera. This is just a bunch of herbs mixed together and feels like your using regular toothpaste, minty fresh and all. We buy it from our local grocery store for $2.50 which is pretty sweet. The ingredients include extract of Cardamon, Carraway, Celery, Coriander, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Dill, Eucalyptus and Mint. We found this gem by looking it up on the Ethical Shopping Guide app.
-kim

grants natural toothpaste

morgan's review
Honestly, because I'd rather you weren't led astray by my words. This 'toothpaste' tastes horrible! Just like washing your mouth out with salt and a dash of mint. Sure, your teeth will feel super slick and shiny clean after, but if you scrubbed your teeth with salt of course they would get clean. I highly recommend Grants tooth paste- organic, natural goodness.
-morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...