Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

i made: dinner

So these last few months I have been setting weekly goals. Each week I am trying to focus my time and energy to achieve things that enrich my life and bring me joy. I have been using irunurun to help me achieve this, and it has been so exciting tracking my weeks as I work to reach my target goals.

One of my goals is to cook two things each week. As you can imagine, it is tough getting into the kitchen with a talented chef as a husband, but I am trying to overcome this fear. I don't know if you struggle to get into the kitchen, but I thought I would share some inspiration, and some dishes I have made over the last month or so.

I made the vegan avocado wasabi salad
This was delightful, except I went a little overboard with the chickpeas.

I made a yummy lentil loaf.
Unfortunately, this wan't a massive hit with the husband.

Photo on 2011-08-01 at 12.56 #4

I made a buckwheat salad
This was delightful. I will definitely make this again.

IMG_1141

I made some no-bake granola bars
These weren't as healthy as I anticipated, but were very yummy to eat.

IMG_1044

I made a heap of Vegetable calzones.
These are great for an easy lunch. Just wrap them indervidually and chuck them in the freezer.

IMG_1063

and I also made a Pumpkin, Carrot and Beetroot Soup [aka Porsch soup]
This is such an incredible soup recipe which my friend Warwick created but he let me share it here for you all to enjoy.

IMG_1201

ingredients
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
1 shake of cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, paprika, dry chilli
1/2 a pumpkin
2 carrots
2 beetroots

IMG_1199

what to do
fry up onion, garlic, oil and butter in a large saucepan. once it is softened add the spices and continue to fry until it starts to smell amazing. add the chopped veggies and stream them for ages, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin starts to fall apart. At this point you should add as much stock as you desire. blitz/food process the soup to make it nice a smooth, add salt and pepper and any fresh herbs you may have and serve.
makes appox 5 servings.

happy cooking..
-kim

ps. if you need some inspiration i share heaps of good looking recipes on pinterest here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...