Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

diy letter cushions

IMG_4136

Since we arrived in France I have been slowly gathering sewing materials to create things again. This week I picked up some fabric for €1 a meter, so I could finally make these letter cushions I have been wanting to create. They are really easy to make, so you can make some too.

IMG_4122
You will need: some fabric, stuffing, pins, scissors and something to sow with. I don't like the cost of buying stuffing brand new, and so I picked up a teddy bear from an op shop and recycled the stuffing from that.

IMG_4124
Cut out a template in the shape of the letters you want to create and pin them onto the fabric. Cut out the letters. You want to have the fabric with the wrong sides together, because when you sew them you will be exposing the raw edges. This means the shape of the letters is more defined, and I quite like the way it looks.

IMG_4125 IMG_4126
Sew around the edge of the shapes, leaving an opening for the stuffing to go in. Once it has been filled with stuffing, sow up the opening, and you are done. If you get a chance to try this please let me know, I would love to see what you create.
enjoy.
-kim

IMG_4131

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...