Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas time!

Source image

I work as a chaplain at two primary schools. I have just sent away 58 shoe boxes filled with with toys, teddy's, toothbrushes, soap, clothes and school supplies. At one school of 200 students we were able to send these 58 boxes to countries going through war, poverty or natural disasters. This is part of a project called Operation Christmas Child by Samaritans Purse. If you don't know who they are, check them out and maybe even make a shoebox next christmas. I was so blown away by how generous my little school was, it brought kids, staff and families together to think about someone else and get that generous spirit of Christmas flowing through the air in October.
::morgan::

I am so proud of my Husband. He has done an amazing job at inspiring his school to participate and think outside their community and has just dropped off 58 shoe-boxes of goodies for Operation Christmas Child. This little school has blown me away, and I'm sure it was because of the fantastic work of my Husband. Shucks he is amazing!!
::kim::

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...