Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Second hand/ Handmade Christmas

Source besimo

I love Christmas! It is such a great time for me as I get to gather with my whole family and share joy, memories and kindness. I love giving gifts, (and receiving them) but I hate when this becomes such a big thing for people and it just turns crazy.
This year, as a family, we are going a Handmade/Second hand Christmas. This means all our gifts must be either Handmade (by us or others) or Second hand (from markets, op shops or vintage stores). I am so excited about this and the amazing fun things we will give a receive.
Morgan and I have just started planning what we will create and search for to give to our family and close friends. Hopefully I will be able to share some of it here. I love this so much, conspiring together how we can spoil our friends and make them feel great
::kim::

Source wildolive

Ok, so I hate Christmas....I know you you should not say the word hate, but really growing up christmas was such a weird thing. My mum and dad separated when I was 3, leaving christmas an un-family time. Until my dad remarried and I adopted a very a Australian step family (considering my parents are French). But I never liked christmas because there was always this pressure to see who gave the best gift and just a lot of wasted money on pointless gifts we will not use. Of course in time I became a Christian which now forces me to love Christmas as the celebration of the birth of Jesus. But I was still torn. Kim is like the number 2 fan of christmas (right after santa), she has helped me to get that it's about thankfulness and togetherness, and NOW we get to do a second-hand/handmade christmas......which is what I'm all about. So I'm sure in time...i might grow to at least like christmas.
::morgan::

2 comments:

Mamawolf said...

damn straight. you will like christmas after this one.

morgandkim said...

@sunnyfeet i know right! Christmas is gonna be great this year! kim

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...