Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

joy...

DSC03332

Some days, life is a struggle. This last week was one of those weeks. I was sick with a cold, things were pretty frustrating at work, and my couch just keeps getting ripped more and more. As much as I patch up the holes, the old fabric just seems to tear, and I can't keep up. As the week went on I realised how much I am constantly moving and not always stopping to slow down and find joy in the little things.

Like most people, life after 5pm is pretty hectic for me. After finishing work and racing home, I move from one thing to another before trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour to be ready to wake up and do it all again.

But this past week I slowed down.
I made sure I looked around me, and saw why I am so grateful for many things in my life.
I went on more walks to the lake near my house, and spent more one on one time with morgan.
I sat there for half an hour, and took the seeds out of a pomegranate
and... I embraced my new addiction, embroidery.

Not much changed, but making the decision to see the joy in the little things, changed my outset of my days. By choosing to have a great day, and take it one step at a time, and especially doing more of the things I love, I had such a wonderful week.

I hope you have a great week this week, and that you can find tremendous JOY in the things that make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...