Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

i made: pretty jeans

So, a couple of months ago I was at a cafe, and noticed the waitress had these cute black jeans had this great lace on the back pockets. I just made such an impression on me. The simple little detail that made the jeans so much more than ordinary. Ever since I have been wanting to do that to my own black (hand me down from my old housemate) jeans and bring a little shazzam.

All you need to do this is some sewing utensils (I used my machine and hand sowed), some lace or ribbon and some jeans. Crazy huh!

DSC03313

All you have to do is cut the lace/ribbon to the length of your jean pockets. Make sure you fold over the cut ends and sew it down so they don't fray. I did two layers of ribbon as I think that makes it nice and effective. I machine sewed the top one, and hand stitched the ends down. The second layer is a little tricky to maneuver to sew with a machine, so I just hand sewed that one.

DSC03316

There you have it... a little bit of fresh life in your jeans.. If you have a go, please do share pictures. I would love to see your work.

DSC03321

-kim

ps. Don't forget to join us and play "Pay it Forward". If you don't have a blog don't worry you can still play, just ignore that. We can just send you a little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...