Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

april challenge pt1.

So, as a result of my April Challenge to work through all the clothes waiting to be sowed in my art room, I am finally making progress and taking photos. Unfortunately in all the excitement of sowing this dress, I forgot to take a before photo [woops], so you just have to imagine what it looked like.

IMG_0938
I brought this dress for $2 at an op shop because I was instantly in love with the fabric print. If you can't tell in the pictures, there are parrots all over this dress and they make me smile. When I brought it, this dress was really wide and frumpy with a drop waist, not really my style or suits my body shape, so I took to it with some scissors and a sowing machine and this is what i achieved.

IMG_0943
IMG_0940

I am so happy with how it turned out, and have been wearing this dress so much since I finished it. It was so easy, you can do it too. Hope this inspires you to take to the sowing machine and make old clothes great again this weekend. With all the public holidays here because of Easter i'm going to be sowing even more, so I should have more things to share next week. Enjoy...
-kim

ps. what im wearing: pack brixton hat [gift from derek], opshop dress, belt and bag, found sunnies, and whittner shoes from dfo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello hello... we love hearing your thoughts... so tell us what you think right here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...